There is no hard and fast rule, but Bruce and I generally recommend that if you have damages – meaning lost wages and medical bills – over several thousands of dollars, you really need to seek the advice of an attorney because the insurance industry has become so complicated. With that amount of damages, you will need to know how resolve a lien and whether you can file for PIP (personal injury protection) and benefits. There are just a number of questions that really have become so complicated that you are going to need to consult with an attorney. The good news is that at the Poole Law Group, our personal injury consultation is free. You can call in and you will be able to talk with me, Bruce, or one of our assistants, and we will set you up with a free consultation and go over all the information with you.